Mason,
I am writing you this letter to let you know how much you mean to me. You are only 20 days old now and I've only had a few opportunities to spend with you. I just want you to know that if I don't get a chance to bond with you, it is not by my choice. I have tried everything in my power to make your mother understand how important it is for you to have me in your life and for me to have you in mine. I'm your daddy, and I love you and your brother with all my heart. I am always here for you when you need me. It's so hard for me to not have you close to me.
You have another family son, You have a gramma and lots of Aunts and Uncles and so many cousins on our side of the family. Your brother Domonick, we call him Dnick, he can't wait to spend time with you and bond with you. You are so very special Mason and I am so proud to have you for my son.
There are so many things I want to tell you. So much I want to teach you. You're part Russian and part Black, that make you very unique. You have the best of both cultures in you. That's one hell of a mixture. You will find that some people will try to put you down because of your ethnicity. Ignorant people will judge you just because you have darker skin. I'm telling you now son, don't pay them any attention. You have every reason to be proud of being black. Our culture is so rich, our history is so vast. Once you learn what we've been through and what we had to endure as a people and how we overcome all of the obstacles that were put before us, you will understand truly why it is such an honor to be apart of such a magnificent Race of people. But you will learn more about that through out your life. Just know that you have family and others that will be able to relate to you when you experience issues of racism. I will continue to blog on here and leave letters for you. Because if we are separated for any reason and you decide to search for me or yourself, you will find these blogs and realize that these letters are for you and from your dad. You will know that I love you, that I am thinking of you and long to be apart of your life. Keep your head up son, your Dad is a call away.
Important names for you if you are looking for your family.
Shirley Richards grandmother Gary Indiana
Teresa Mann Aunt Oakland California
Gregory Ricks Uncle Tennessee/Minnesota
Sandra and Monique Toney Aunt and Cousin St Paul, Minnesota
Tyrone Herron Uncle LA, California
Rogena Guerra Aunt Gary Indiana
Keith Herron Uncle Michigan
I'm always here for you son,
Your Daddy,
Robert L. Herron,
No comments:
Post a Comment